I went out to water a couple mornings ago to discover what I had thought were seeds on the water lily pads weren’t. Everything in the pond was covered with hundreds of aphids. Ugh. I guess I need to wear my glasses when I check things out. Wadly missed it too but he’s been working long hours for National.
I hosed the aphids off the leaves, swished the lone water lily in the water until the aphids were washed off and overfilled the pond washing the floating aphids off onto the ground. There are benefits to an above ground pond.
The second wash off was yesterday. I’ll keep an eye on this. Jill at JMH sent me a recipe for a fish safe aphid killer. It is my sincere hope I don’t need it.