I bought a jacket pattern and have made a number of jackets from that pattern. It’s three pattern pieces and it goes together really fast and is very comfortable.
I had some denim in my stash, some stretch, some red pinstriped, and I combined the two into a single garment that turned out really nice. It’s going to my sister for her to wear at work. I was really pleased with the jacket but this iteration really needed pockets. Patching pockets to the outside would have ruined the appearance of the front so I made curved slits bound in red goat leather. The pockets are stretch denim patched onto the inside and sewn down using navy thread to make then as invisible as I can make them.
The back and sleeves are solid blue stretch denim which makes the jacket very comfortable while still looking classy/casual. The red leather to match the pinstripes on the front makes a nice accent and the curved opening makes the pockets easy to use. I’m altering the pattern one more time for a more fitted sleeve and a fold over shawl collar. I’ve got some black stretch denim I’ll use for that iteration.
I had gotten one pocket put on and was taking a break to eat lunch when my 35 year old Viking 6750 suddenly started running and billowing smoke. <wince> I unplugged it and set it out on the deck to finish smoking where I didn’t have to breathe it. I figure if it was smoking I wasn’t going to be repairing it anytime soon.