I’ve got my shoe last stuffed into a crappy Hanes NOT 100% cotton sock. When you wear kid sized socks and you buy a low end brand, don’t expect the content to be consistent from year to year – this purchase was a really unpleasant surprise. I’m using them up any way I can until all six pair are gone.
With the socked last covered in ~3 layers of painters tape, I’m ready to start drawing lines for the pattern breaks.
Once I cut the pattern off the last (cut right through the sock) I traced the parts onto card board (cereal boxes work great) and added seam allowance where appropriate.
I need to do more to this pattern. I need to figure out whether I will use a separate tongue or draw a tongue onto the front portion of the pattern. Decisions, decisions.
I’d like this first pair to be fairly simple. I’ve got a bunch of fairly thick really good quality leather I might use to make a pair of kickers while I’m waiting for my shoe leather to show up.