The quilt show is over and two of my quilts did really well.
The Sunset quilt got People’s Choice the second day and second in the pieced category.
The Ichthy Bog Coat got a Vendor’s Choice ribbon and a first in the “Other” category.
Even better, LouAnn’s grape quilt got People’s Choice the very first day! That rocks! And Karen‘s been asked to teach the Square Dance (block used as the border on the bog coat) at two different location! That really rocks!
LouAnn’s Wreath of Life quilt hung in Karen’s booth and many asked for the pattern. We all agree the quilt would have been pretty without the pieced background, but the large Dance block in pastels behind the appliqué really added to the depth and richness of the quilt.
LouAnn and I went to the Guild’s Sew Daze yesterday and I got the binding on my sunset quilt. LouAnn’s taken it home with her to stitch down the binding. The quilt is beyond beautiful. The quilting is gorgeous, the colors are gorgeous. I’m going to enjoy sleeping under it.
I pulled the sunset quilt off the design wall and have packaged it away with the black wedges, border and backing fabrics. I’m short 4-6 more black fabrics needed to fill in the black section. I’ll have to get by Sisters and pick up the little bits of fabric needed for the last wedges and centers. Until then, I’ve put this project away to work on another quilt I’ve had in the works for a while. I’ll pick it up again in a couple weeks when I’ve collected the last of the fabric I need.
I got the purple stripe added to the quilt. I love the dark purple against the dark green. Lovely.
I picked up the material for the borders and backing. I got a lovely shades of orange and green batik for the back and a great dark green for the border. I wanted a fabric with all colors but Fabric Depot didn’t have anything that would work. The colors were either too bright or too muted or not the right shades or in splotches too big in scale.
I also picked up a gold and a deep red. The gold will be a flange around the center of the quilt, with the red acting as a 5/8″ stopper between the gold flange and the green border.
I finally got the light green section done and the blocks for the dark green section assembled. I’ll get them sewed together and joined to the body of the quilt top next. The dark purple and black sections are still left to do, but I’ve less than a 100 blocks left to sew to be done!
I moved the quilt top up to the ceiling so I could work on the bottom and now the clothes line is visible near the top.