In fitting the dark blue/purple stripe to the pink, I realized I have to have another row at the very top of the quilt for balance. I’ve got more fabric pulled for the squares, I just need to get them cut and assembled.
I’ve got the pink section pinned to the dark blue/purple where it goes. I’m going to try glue basting the match points instead of pinning. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m after a perfect match so the integrity of the square dance block shape continues throughout.
I took the pink I cut off the top and reconfigured it to extend the bottom of the pink strip. That worked really well. I’m going to do the same with the blue strip below the pink. I may have to add another row of blue squares. I’ll have to see how much I can use of the part I cut off.
I’ve got more orange sorted out but not cut yet. I’ve had little opportunity to work on this in the last couple days. It feels good to be back on it even if I have to do this in bits and drabs.