Wadly and I got the wall connected to the aquarium last week. The first picture is the plumbing to and from the wall. When we move into our *real* house I won’t be able to drill holes with impunity . . . darn it.
Yesterday I got the sump connected. I still have to paint the . . . I’m not quite sure what to call it. It’s a collection of elbows and short pieces of pipe that takes the place of u-pipe and overflow box for controlling the level of water in the aquarium. The portion in the aquarium will be green, the part out of the aquarium and inside the sump container will be black. The next hot day we have I’ll pull it and paint it using Krylon Fusion.
I have the pump to push the water into the wall in the sump. The wall drains directly into the aquarium. I also have a very small fountain pump in the sump to keep the water circulating between the sump and the aquarium when the pump for the wall isn’t running. I still need to clean up all the water and electric lines, running them so they won’t clutter the landscape and I still need to provide a cover for the sump to keep out debris AND I need to moderate the sound of running water in the sump.
After I manage all that I need to build a custom cover and light array for the aquarium. And then I need to find and install the gutter for the wall for when the plant wall comes back in. And install an overhead light for the wall. Got the light, just don’t have enough electrical current available to run it but that should be fixed soon.